While many are switching to vacuum meters such as Precision Planting's eSet® Meters they are limited to finger meters because eSets are limited to John Deere applications. Precision Planting has brought the advantages of the eSet® system to housing that fits into the same place as the traditional finger meter and EdgeVac® planters. Just install it and go.
Just like the eSet® Meters, the vSet® Meters can
- Plant a wider variety of seed sizes and shapes
- Plant a wider variety of types of seeds with a simple disk change
- Plant at a wider range of speeds
- Have lower wear and less maintenance costs
With the meter you get
- A rugged poly housing body that is both light and durable.
- A flat, 27-hole corn disk with special relief ports that provide agitation for seed-pool loading and consistent release. Disks are also available for soybeans.
- A five lobe, spring loaded singulator that needs no adjustment for seed size and maintains consistent contact with the disk. You can easily swap singulators to match different crops.
- A seed extractor with a rolling wheel that keeps fragments from plugging holes in the disk. It snaps into position and changes out quickly to match disks.
- A sliding gate on the inlet lets you control the seed pool for various types of crops.
- A meter drive that matches up to existing chain drive systems on Deere 7000 & 7200 and Kinze 2000 & 3000 finger meter planters, plus Kinze EdgeVac.
- A small cavity vacuum seal that, coupled with the small housing, means lower air needs for higher efficiency and a crisp cutoff for consistent seed release.